Abstracts are invited for the Annual Scientific Meeting and can only be submitted electronically. If you wish to submit an abstract, please proceed to https://tas.currinda.com/register/event/1990. All abstracts submitted will receive an acknowledgement. If your abstract is not acknowledged, please contact the Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) Secretariat.
Abstracts are invited for the following sessions with any unspecified topics to be submitted as a free paper :
- Hair and Nails
- Biologic therapy
- Contact dermatitis
- Free papers
Please note that abstracts must be submitted via the website by no later than 5.00pm on 25 October 2019.
Abstracts will be reviewed by a Scientific Committee consisting of the Co-Convenors and members of the Scientific Meetings Steering Committee of the College. Abstract submitters will receive a notification regarding the outcome of their submission by early February. Please be aware that the decision of the committee is final. Submitters please note that due to the shortened format of the meeting, the committee may receive more abstracts than can be accommodated and your understanding is appreciated.
Information for contributors to the Scientific Program
- All papers (free and invited speakers) and posters require an abstract
- Presentations will have electronic PowerPoint support
- The title should be brief and explicit
- Excluding title, authors and institution, the abstract must not exceed 250 words. Any references (maximum of two) must be included in this allowance
- Abbreviations should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word
- A 50 to 100 word curriculum vitae (CV) is required from each presenter to facilitate the Chair’s introduction
- The timing (presentation and discussion) of all papers is to be set at the discretion of the Convenor of each symposium. Notification of the timing of presentations will appear in correspondence sent to all successful authors
- An abstract of each paper to be read must be submitted to the Honorary Secretary of College no later than 5.00pm on 25 October 2019 to facilitate compilation of the final program
- Contributors are invited to submit their full pages for publication in The Australasian Journal of Dermatology. The full manuscript should be prepared for publication according to the editorial policy of the Journal and should be submitted before the meeting, handed to the Chair at the conclusion of the session or in any case forwarded not later than thirty days after the last day of the meeting.
Information for the contributors to the Poster Session
Posters will be displayed using a digital poster system throughout the meeting, with a prize donated for the best poster.
Design of posters
- Keep it simple! Keep it clear!
- Inform and interest the viewer
- Use short titles and captions
- Single 16:9 PowerPoint slide
- Good contrast
- Sharp focus
- A scale to indicate size
- Clear caption set horizontally.