Abstracts submissions have now closed.
Abstracts will be reviewed by a Scientific Committee consisting of the Co-Convenors and members of the Scientific Meetings Steering Committee of College. Abstract submitters will receive a notification regarding the outcome of their submission by early February 2019. Please be aware that the decision of the Committee is final. Submitters please note that due to the shortened format of the meeting, the Committee may receive more abstracts than can be accommodated and your understanding is appreciated.
Encore abstract presentations will not be accepted
Abstracts will be accepted for the following topics. Preference will be given for papers with clinical relevance impacting on areas of practice.
- Medical Dermatology
- Surgical Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Free papers
- Climate change and the future of dermatology
- Psychocutaneous disorders
Information for the contributors to the Scientific Program
- All papers (free and invited speakers) and posters require an abstract
- Presentations will have electronic PowerPoint support
- The title should be brief and explicit
- Excluding title, authors and institution, the abstract must not exceed 250 words. Any references (maximum of two) must be included in this allowance
- Abbreviations should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word
- A 50 to 100 word curriculum vitae (CV) is required from each presenter to facilitate the Chair’s introduction
- The timing (presentation and discussion) of all papers is to be set at the discretion of the Convenor of each symposium. Notification of the timing of presentations will appear in correspondence sent to all successful authors
- An abstract of each paper to be read must be submitted no later than 5.00pm on 26 October 2018 to facilitate compilation of the final program
- Contributors are invited to submit their full pages for publication in The Australasian Journal of Dermatology. The full manuscript should be prepared for publication according to the editorial policy of the Journal and should be submitted before the meeting, handed to the Chair at the conclusion of the session or in any case forwarded not later than thirty days after the last day of the meeting.
Information for the contributors to the Poster Session
Posters will be displayed using a digital poster system throughout the meeting, with a prize donated for the best poster.
Design of posters
- Keep it simple! Keep it clear!
- Inform and interest the viewer
- Use short titles and captions
- Single 16:9 PowerPoint slide
- Good contrast
- Sharp focus
- A scale to indicate size
- Clear caption set horizontally.